This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS / AIS Disappears, recover reboot or SignalK Restart
HI guys!

Since several weeks ago I am suffering an annoying issue.

Sometimes GPS and AIS stop working and boat icon in Open CPN turns black. For some time I managed it restarting the Raspberry ( If just closing and reopening Open CPN didn't solve the issue). Looking around for the problem  I realized that restarting signalk would it make it work again.

Any idea why this happens?

I made a fresh install of OP 2 with Open CPN5.6.2 and in both cases same.

Ais and GPS come from Moitessier2, PI4 4GB

As another topic, my 3.1 USB flashdisk drive gets extremely hot. Is this normal?

Thanks!

(2022-10-25, 05:22 PM)aitonos Wrote: And third issue (sorry) Google kicks my account out constantly, just happens in OP. Any idea? Extremely annoying!

Thanks!
Anything else on the usb ports and do they stop working at the same time? Reason I ask is that I’ve recently tried a USB GPS and that appears to crash all the usb ports.
(2022-10-31, 03:53 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: Anything else on the usb ports and do they stop working at the same time? Reason I ask is that I’ve recently tried a USB GPS and that appears to crash all the usb ports.

Sorry for the late reply, but I forgot I posted this question, anyway, expect your question, no other feedback .

Other USB ports are working, so it seems a different issue from yours, sorry for not being able to help.

Concerning my issue, I can solve it restarting SignalK, so when I'm configuring (whatever in Open CPN) and I lose the GPS data, ;I go to Signalk, restart server, and then it's working again . Much easier and faster than restarting the whole Raspberry.

Now I have other issue, data in SignalK is not consistent ( SOG mainly). I will open a new thread.

Thanks