This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lobster Fishing with OpenPlotter
Photo 
Hi all,

I am a commercial fisherman from Maine and I have been using RPI and OpenPlotter on my Repco 30 since 2020.

I've been lobster fishing since I was a child and I bought the High Maintenance when I was in middle school. In college I studied applied mathematics and I started doing a fair bit of programming. I had been playing around with raspberry pi's for some time before I learned about OpenPlotter. OpenPlotter has been an excellent tool on my boat. I use it mainly for navigation and recording data on my fishing gear. I hope to implement more features such as pypilot and gauge dashboards over the winter as well. I'd also like to find something to contribute to the project as I'm quite comfortable with python.

Anyways, thank you to all of the developers for your hard work!!
I have a friend to help me make a hard wired button outside. When I drop my pods I press the button and it makes a waypoint in open con.

Saves me the trouble going inside for every pod.

Highly recommended.