This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dedicated multiple displays...
Howdy all, N00b here, please be gentle Big Grin Big Grin 

I was wondering if it is possible, and if so how to go about, setting up 2 or more displays dedicated to displaying different info.

I wish to have Plotter displayed at the nav station inside, but would like to have Dashboard info (wind, speed, depth etc) displayed on separate displays at the helm. Id like to use the Waveshare 4 inch square touch screens for the helm position.

Would I need to run multiple instances of OCPN, a web Gui, or ???.

Im using a Pi4B, with most recent version of OpenMarine. Pi has 2 HDMI outs but this is more or less just mirrored outputs?

Thanks in advance!!

link to the Waveshare display for anyone interested..
https://www.waveshare.com/product/displa...-lcd-c.htm
I have 2 displays set up but they are cloned or mirrored, but by default they are extended (meaning two different displays) so theoretically you could set one up with OCPN and the other with KIP and have gauges on one and OCPN on the other. not sure if you can run two instances of OCPN
If your screens are tablets, pc, or phones, maybe you can try AvNAv, instead of OpenCpn, I'm using it. You can have 1 screen with avnav as plotter, another one with avnav plotter and dashboard, another one only dashboard.... for my is what is interesting regarding avnav, is that if you setup a waypoint from one screen, inmediatly the other will show it, as a plotter based on web server... I hope it can give you some idea...