This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot server disconnecting when Auto is selected
Greetings! New to the forum but not new to reading all of this great info- tried to avoid posting but so far am unable to find an answer for this issue...

I have Tinypilot driving a st4000 wheel drive on a Sabre 30 mk1.  Using compass mode only.  Everything works except the "auto" heading hold button.  I am able to use the starboard and port buttons no problem but whenever the "Auto" on the wifi interface (or "AP" on opencpn plugin) button is selected, the entire system disconnects! Click it again and everything reconnects.  Wifi stays connected the whole time.  Nokia screen normally reads "standby" and when the "auto" is clicked it reads "connect to server"and begins scrolling dots.....  

Am I missing something simple here? Thanks guys
I had similar experiences, can't recall the cause, but the cause is unlikely to be the same anyway. The symptom is that your pypilot process crashes, and the way to go about is to examine the pypilot logs in /var/log/pypilot/ to find the cause. Get the log file transferred from your tinypilot with scp (or winscp) and post it here, it's probably the file called 'current'.
since you mention the nokia screen, can you give more details about when you got the tinypilot and what software version (if any) is displayed at boot?

It could be upgrading to a different image will solve it. Does it crash if opencpn is not connected? Maybe an older bug in a previous version crashed with a particular type of nmea data being sent.