This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Filtering - should data still appear in the data browser?
Hi,

I’m doing a bit of filtering with SK filter 2.0.1 (I’m still on OP2) and I’m wondering if I should still be able to see the data in the SignalK Data Browser? I’m doing this because my date/time from the Seatalk network jumps, the month seems to switch places and causes issues.

Thanks all
Depends on how you are doing the filtering?
Sorry for the delay, I wanted to get a screenshot of all the settings as I've not done this before. I'm trying to filter out one of the navigation.datetime fields that comes from the SeaTalk interface, the reason is the date jumps and causes the Pi to set the wrong date/time.

Below is what I'm doing. I've set the SignalK key, and filter on Source src = Seatalk.ALK which is how is shows in the diagnostic browser. The Pi doesn't appear to be changing dates anymore, however, I can still see the data in the data browser. Just wondering if that's correct?

I’ve switched to OP3 now and use the data priority options which works really well. This allows me to have the 2nd GPS as backup (which is coming from the Seatalk network) and has also got rid of the date time issue I had. I’ll try and document this as it might help others.
We deprecated the openplotter signalk filter app in openplotter 3 in favour of that new signal k server feature.
(2023-01-10, 07:19 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We deprecated the openplotter signalk filter app in openplotter 3 in favour of that new signal k server feature.

Yeah, new solution is working well. Managed to prioritise one gps and fall back to the other when removed. I’ll document it. Works great!
I did make a video about this:

(2023-03-03, 06:06 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: I did make a video about this:

Watched it last night, Nice!!

I don't filter anything going to OpenCPN and don't see this issue though.
(2023-03-03, 07:37 PM)Techstyle Wrote:

Watched it last night, Nice!!

I don't filter anything going to OpenCPN and don't see this issue though.

I mainly got the 2nd USB GPS to sort the time issue out but it does seem to be helping with the heading issue also.

Thanks for sharing your videos. It has inspired me a lot!
I had a doubt. When we filter, is the source that was in the background or third plan still visible in the Data Browser? I ask this because the dubbed records remained here.