This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubles after an update and reinstallation of SignalK
Hello everyone, after an update and reinstallation of SignalK installer (version 3.1.15) via Openplotter settings, I no longer have the possibility to activate Pyppilot nor I2C sensors.
I have the following errors on startup:
Checking I2C sensors... | I2C enabled
Unexpected error validating connection: Handshake status 401 Unauthorized
Checking pypilot... | pypilot_hat running | pypilot not running | pypilot_web not running
Unexpected error validating connection: Handshake status 401 Unauthorized
I guess it's a permissions issue, but I'm unable to fix this.
Thanks for your help.
Is this a random issue or always happens?

Are I2C an PYPILOT in the list of allowed devices with read/write permission in http://openplotter.local:3000/admin/#/security/devices

How many data connections do you have in http://openplotter.local:3000/admin/#/se...nnections/-
The issue always happens.
I have no devices in security/devices, but I probably messed up quite a bit trying to fix it. I tried without success to recreate connections.
I have two connections in Dashboard: defaults and ama (dev/ttyOP_ama) with no activity.
In connections and plugin status, I have:
sk-to-nmea 0183 = started
ama = connected to /dev/ttyOP_ama
- Update all openplotter apps (settings, I2C, pypilot...)
- Delete any device in security/devices
- Delete any value of fields uuid, href and token for any app in ~/.openplotter/openplotter.conf file.
- Run "Check system" from the OpenPlotter menu.
- Connection requests for all your apps should be created in security/access/requests, approve them with read/write permissions

Let me know if this fixes the issue.
Looks like it worked ! Thank you for your help ! But I can't connect a BME 280 by I2C, I'm going to work on it, but I'm a little confused by the fact that there is no longer the "connection" tab on I2C sensors, while it is used in all the tutorials on the net.
openplotter-i2c v3.x.x no longer uses UDP connections ("connections" tab), now it uses "allowed devices", the stuff you have just fixed, you just need to define the sensor and data will be sent to Signal k automatically. If you have updated the I2C app when the sensor BME280 was already created, remove it and create it again and it should work.

Please let me know if you get the error "Unexpected error validating connection: Handshake status 401 Unauthorized" again. I have been fighting with this issue for some weeks but it seems to be a random issue in my case and dificult to debug. Having another case would e great Smile
It worked fine, I no longer have the error "Unexpected error validating connection: Handshake status 401 Unauthorized".
On the other hand, I have the error "openplotter-I2C-read not running" systematically. I deleted then recreated the BME980 sensor, but I still have this error.
For information: I wanted to test an MPU925x which did not work (probably victim of a connection error), and there, the error "openplotter-I2C-read not running" did not appear, but no data was not circulating. I put the working MPU925x back, and there the error came back.
IMUs like the MPU925x are managed by openplotter-pypilot app, not by openplotter-i2c app.

To debug your problem with BME680/688 sensor open a terminal, type openplotter-i2c and set your sensors from scratch, put here any error you get in the terminal. If your sensor is not in the list it will not work.
Quote:To debug your problem with BME680/688 sensor open a terminal, type openplotter-i2c and set your sensors from scratch, put here any error you get in the terminal. If your sensor is not in the list it will not work.

I tried several times, but it doesn't work. Here are the mistakes obtained when I edited "inside temperature" :

Quote:pi@openplotter:~ $ openplotter-i2c

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:45:34.881: Negative content height -9 (allocation 1, extents 5x5) while allocating gadget (node entry, owner GtkEntry)

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:12.389: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:12.454: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:12.493: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:12.522: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:12.555: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:12.589: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:22.199: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(openplotter-i2c:2729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:22.267: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar
you can ignore those gtk errors.

go to openplotter-settings, click "debugging mode" in "system log" tab and try again.

are you sure you have a BME680/688 sensor?