This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been a while - What version RPi 3B?
Hi,

Its been a while since I have used OP

I want to reinstall onto an RPI 3B, just with a GPS dongle (no other sensors etc) and keyboard + mouse + (non-touch) screen

I see that now there is OP v2 and v3

And 32 and 64 bit versions (just for OP 3 from what I can see)

Should I use OP 2 or 3 on my RPi 3B? - What are the advantages / disadvantages of each version?

If OP 3 is the preferred option for my RPi 3B, then is there any advantage of using the 32 bit over the 64 bit version for a RPi 3B?

Thanks
Use OP 3 64bit, it is the most used and tested.
You won't notice improvements compared to 32bit but some tools only exist for 64bit
(2022-12-14, 07:29 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Use OP 3 64bit, it is the most used and tested.
You won't notice improvements compared to 32bit but some tools only exist for 64bit

Thanks!