This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN AppImage Problems
I know I should probably post this as an issue on GitHub, but I wanted to ask the question here to see if anyone else is having problems.

I just rebuilt my RPI4 (4G) system with OpenPlotter 3. I used the 64 bit version - just downloaded the image and put it on my SSD. Thanks so much to Sailoog and others who have worked so hard to make this happen!

My issue is with OpenCPN. I need Radar_PI on my system to accommodate my Navico 4G radar, so after a fairly terse conversation on the Radar_PI GitHub, I installed the AppImage version in order to have the plugin available, as it isn't available in the plugin catalog for the Debian backports version of OpenCPN.

While I understand the need for using AppImage for compatibility, I have to say it just doesn't work as well for me as the backports version. in particular, when I launch the setup from inside OpenCPN, I see the window title at the top of the screen, but the actual window doesn't appear. I have to shut OpenCPN down completely and restart it, then, about 50% of the time the window will show. Same for the Radar plugin, and even things like Dashboard - half the time it doesn't show on the screen. I have to restart OpenCPN again every time.

Does anyone else have this problem, or can you add some advice? it's pretty frustrating. Should I just go to the 32 bit version?

TIA
Andy