This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems with SDR RECEIVER

hi,

I'm trying to get a weatherfax receiver up and running using the SDR-receiver in the image.
The issue is that it seems that it is not recognized by openplotter since it does not let me calibrate it or configure it or anything.
The issue is that when I type lsusb from the terminal, it lists it for me but it only shows the ID without any description. I really don't know what to do
I've got one of those. It won't work with RTL-SDR. Different driver.

I have gotten it to work with CubicSDR on my main computer, but I've never had it working with my RPI.
this is SDRPlay device (MSI2500) - please look for a file SDRplay_RPi_Scripts_v0.3.zip

SDRplay_RSP_API-ARM64-3.07.1.run (ubuntu arm 64bit) -> if you are using 64-bits OS

and run 1installAPI driver and 2 installSoapy from zip file

and next check with the tool SoapySDRUtil:
SoapySDRUtil --check=sdrplay
SoapySDRUtil --probe="driver=sdrplay"
SoapySDRUtil --probe="driver=rtlsdr" -> it supports also regular RTL2832U

in GQRX place this:
soapy=0,driver=sdrplay (device string)

More details -> http://thomasns.io/gqrx.html

Or

http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/Mirics_SDR_API_Linux_install_technote_r2p0.pdf