This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any charge regressed on Pi following a reboot
I've got a weird PI related problem.  I'm running Openplotter, InfluxDB and Grafana. Config changes are being lost on reboot of the Pi.
I deleted an old sensor, added a couple of new sensors, configured them in Openplotter and SignalK.  All working fine.  Added them in a Grafana dashboard, made other dashboard tweaks, all looking brilliant. 
Last night i rebooted the Pi, when it came back up all of the above changes has regressed.  The whole lot - including the deleted sensor being back again in SignalK.
Any ideas what might be going on here????

I tried checking if I'd made the Pi read-only somehow.  i can create a new folder, no errors. i can create a text file in the new folder, save, close, open and amend the text i the file and save again and reopen. all with no issues. when i reboot the file and folder are gone.
Google for raspberry pi file system changes lost on reboot and you’ll see others having similar problems.

Get a new sd card and try salvaging your setup onto that.
(2022-12-27, 06:54 PM)tkurki Wrote: Google for raspberry pi file system changes lost on reboot and you’ll see others having similar problems.

Get a new sd card and try salvaging your setup onto that.

Thanks, the problem was indeed a failed sd card.

thanks for your support