This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to add motor controller to Pypilot?
Hi!

I am trying to write a manual for everyone on how to install the Pypilot and use it to control the vessel. So many people feel frustrated and give up!

On the version I did for myself, everything was working. Now, I am trying to repeat the experiment with a new micro SD card. The problem I ran into is that the Raspberry computer cannot find the motor controller. The message on the computer: "Warning: no motor controller", even though the power is applied to the motor controller, and the red light in the controller is on. 

On the computer screen, I see message: "The device /dev/ttyAMAO in UART0 should be added to the list of serial ports pypilot manages". 

So, how does one do that? 

Please help me, so I can help everybody.

Thanks.

Gennady
There should be "Services" and "Serial" tabs in openplotter-pypilot.

Can you add /dev/ttyAMA0 ?