This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moitessier HAT developers abandon users
Yes, but it's a shame to pay that amount of money and be left unattended. I hope I can make it work... 
If not, I will be forced to sell the Hat for somebody who want to be in OP2 and do a regular active usb gnss and sdr ais instalation. No other solution.
Thanks!
(2023-10-15, 07:19 PM)aitonos Wrote: Yes, but it's a shame to pay that amount of money and be left unattended. I hope I can make it work... 
If not, I will be forced to sell the Hat for somebody who want to be in OP2 and do a regular active usb gnss and sdr ais instalation. No other solution.
Thanks!

Good news! After 3 days on,  the Hat finally caught satellites and AIS with much better coverage than before in OP2. Suddenly, started working; bizarre, hopefuly it remains that way!

Anyway, I already bought a USB GPS/GALILEO/GNSS, and a good quality  SDR Antenna. Undecided
Well im glad for you. Mine has been up for 30 days without any activity (even the signalk paths are not there) so i dont think its coming back any time soonSmile
This has turned out to be a big mistake.
Hi!

I reinstalled again and finally used OP3. Ais and gps started working again after a couple of days. However, they stopped working suddenly and after several restarts, and several days, they went back to life one more time.

Might this be caused by a lack of power supply?

I have a step-down bucket for 3A, maybe is tight with all the usb ports used (sub3. 1 as Ssd, usb 422, hub with several things)

I've bought a new step-down bucket with 10 A, let's see if improves, I couldn't install it yet.

Thanks!
(2024-02-01, 08:36 AM)aitonos Wrote: Hi!

I reinstalled again and finally used OP3. Ais and gps started working again after a couple of days. However, they stopped working suddenly and after several restarts, and several days, they went back to life one more time.

Might this be caused by a lack of power supply?

I have a step-down bucket for 3A, maybe is tight with all the usb ports used (sub3. 1 as Ssd, usb 422, hub with several things)

I've bought a new step-down bucket with 10 A, let's see if improves, I couldn't install it yet.

Thanks!

Just an update in order to be fair and not to mislead. 

It finally worked, and since then, flawlessly!