This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moitessier HAT developers abandon users
(2023-02-16, 07:12 AM)holgerw Wrote:
(2023-02-15, 05:32 PM)Luckbert Wrote: Hello Sailoog,
I have no bluetooth icon since the hack.
Is this related to the uart interface.
So I can't use a bluetooth device anymore, right? Or is this a bug on my part?
Is there any way to use bluetooth anyway. I can think of a stick off the top of my head. 
Greetings Jürgen

Get an cheap Bluetooth-USB Dongle, even the oldest will do.

Hello Holger,
unfortunately this does not work.
As soon as the dongle is in the Pi, the HAT does not work.
How can I fix this?
Greetings Luxi
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
Ich probiere es selbst wieder aus. Zufälligerweise rennt gerade ein testrechner mit dem Hack. Melde mich wieder.
Hast du das BT-gps gepaired? Eventuell hat sich da etwas verändert. Vorher hieß die serielle Verbindung „RFCOM“ und so kannst du sie dann zuweisen.

Alles gute, Holger

The Solution will be here in englisch also…..
Hello Luckbert and others

Done the Testing today: It work's here with 2 different Bluetooth dongles.

I pair with the Bluetooth Speaker in BT Menu, then Option Klick on the Audio Menu and switch to the Speaker.
All well, the inputs from my hacked Moitessier (1) also run, AIS and GPS Data go through the serial Port even if the Plugin shows it in RED.

I think this is an little Logic-Error in the SerialPlugin which will be hopefully resolved soon. (SIC)
It seems NOT to test for internal Bluetooth ACTIVE on UART0, but tests for Bluetooth ACTIVE in General.

So the Hardware works. Leave the Plugin alone. You don´t have to do Settings here again.

keep on swimming - Holger
A few months ago i followed the hack instructions for the Moitessier hat, however now i'm using the boat and apps more, i've noticed that the GPS and AIS data stops flowing. I'm unsure of the steps to investigate, could you advise me please?

My setup is an RPi4, 4GB.

OP and all installed apps are running at latest versions that are available in Settings 3.6.2 /Openplotter apps

A reboot fixes the problem for a couple of days, it then reoccurs.

I can see in the data browser that data stopped being received at 5:05 yesterday.

The system log doesn't show anything around that time (although there was an erroneous node-red MQ config that was trying to connect to an invalid IP that i've now disabled)

In the signalk server log i can see the following, this i've copied from the strt of the visible log in SK and a few lines after the error stops:

```Jun 14 04:59:28 [object Object]
Jun 14 05:00:28 [object Object]
Jun 14 05:01:27 [object Object]
Jun 14 05:02:28 [object Object]
Jun 14 05:03:28 [object Object]
Jun 14 05:04:28 [object Object]
Jun 14 05:05:28 [object Object]
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /admin/ 200 8.776 ms - 562
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /admin/main.js 304 4.722 ms - -
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /@signalk/vesselpositions/remoteEntry.js 304 4.341 ms - -
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /admin/436.js 304 4.504 ms - -
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /admin/784.js 304 3.891 ms - -
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /admin/270.js 304 11.694 ms - -
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /admin/316.js 304 4.709 ms - -
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /skServer/appstore/available 401 3.441 ms - 91
Jun 14 14:46:49 GET /skServer/loginStatus 200 3.071 ms - 168
```

the timestamps for the object/object lines are in red text, indicating an error maybe?

How should i look to investigate please

Thanks
Colin
Hello,
I had problems with the serial connection.

What does the serial app shows?
Is has visible and is the connection green?
Greetings Juergen
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
Looks green for me    
(2022-12-29, 03:39 PM)Sailoog Wrote: After much insistence, I think we can say that the Moitessier HAT project is definitely dead. After promising that the project would be transferred or that the sources would be released, none of this has happened.

Worst of all, no driver updates for Debian bullseye have been released leaving hundreds of users with expensive useless devices. We had a great partnership with the developers from the beginning and this makes the ending that much sadder.

We have always tried to open source all software and hardware from the start without success. Despite the fact that the developers preferred to keep it closed and proprietary, we decided to support it because it was a great product. This has turned out to be a big mistake. Lesson learned.

The current situation goes against all the principles that we promote in OpenMarine so here we are, hacking the project that we ourselves have helped to create...

Following this manual you will be able to run your Moitessier HAT 1 and 2 in OpenPlotter 3.x.x. No more drivers, no more bricked devices after an update:

Hacking the Moitessier HAT 1/2

Hello, I have installed Op 3,and I have the Moitessier Hat 2, and I have done the pins hack (extracting the pins and jumping the pins on the pcb), and followed all the instructions for serial connection,  and added to Signal K with Bauds 921600. In serial app,  the hat appears in devices and connections in green. 

In signal K, websocket is created but zero activity. 

The Hat Leds are solid for both gnss and ais, and after some minutes of startup, periodically blinks red the middle led. This means no activity and data slowly taken by Op (but maybe also due to the hack) 

I also created I2C entries for the pressure and temperature and data is working and create data traffic in signal K, and are visible in dashboards in opencpn and get the green circle by the GPS icon, so apparently, Hat is working and properly installed.

After failing this I continued with Rs422 for nmea wind sensor entry, and is working like a charm. So signal K is ok for serial connections (wind sensor) and for I2C connections but not for Ais/ gnss. 

HAT is connected to external GPS antenna and external vhf antenna, which were perfectly working until I have updated, so not a hardware related issue either. 

What is going on? Any advice? It would be a great pity to lose the Moitessier hat which so expensive costed..  Confused

Please help! 

Thanks a lot!
Have the same problem with Moitissier after modding… serial connection but no activity.
Oh, so at least not just me. 

Do your leds blink? Mine remain solid lit. 

Thanks
Cant say really. I only have the remote right now to my boat. But it was working for some time, i noticed while on vacation after a few hours the positioning stopped working, after a reboot it was working as it should. After some time it stopped working all together. I think i will just use my uBlox GPS with an external antenna and get rid of moitiesser hat all together and put a MacArthur on it for nmea etc… with no support from Rocco it has no point imho…