This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't stream multiple GPS data channels into OCPN
I have a setup of two (or rather three) raspberry's, The first runs OP and OCPN, the second runs pypilot (0.36) and the third runs CAN, because I don't have any N2K equipment and still wanted to test my N2K bus.
I made this setup because the two raspb. have different installation requirements in the boat (physical location and connections).
For redundancy purposes I gave the main computer a GPS and the Pypilot as well, Because the pypilot talks exclusively to the signalk on the main, both GPS streams end up en OCPN. After switching on and off the pypilot using OCPN_pi a few times, OCPN froze completely and needed a restart.
It took me a lot of time to find the problem and even went back to OP3, but after reading about OCPN freezing due to GPS problems, I decided to disconnect the GPS from the main computer.
Finally problem solved!!  Maybe (hopefully) useful to others.
Hugo Bokman
Great advice, had the same problem myself.