This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] USB serial devices disconnections in OP3 on RPI3B+
Hello everyone,
I'm using OpenPlotter v.3 - 64 bits on Raspberry 3B+, with OpenCPN 5.6.4, all updated to the latest versions.
I connect the following devices to this Raspi:
- GPS, at home to test a small G-Star IV mouse, on board an Evermore SA-320, connected to the USB port.
- VHF with AIS Radio Ocean RO4800 receiver, connected to the USB port.
- Sean's weather sensor with Davis anemometer, connected to the USB port.
- USB keyboard and mouse.
- Powered USB hub (different on board and at home).
- Sean's Tinypilot with the latest beta version, connected via Ethernet cable.
I experienced some problems last autumn due to frequent connection losses on the GPS and/or anemometer. As I wanted to use Pypilot in both wind and GPS modes, these disconnections were a real pain. So I'd like to try and solve this problem.
I've done a lot of experiments at home to try and understand the problem, but it's not easy for me. It usually happens instantly when I open Chromium, but it also happens randomly after a few hours or less. Restarting OpenPlotter or unplugging and replugging the device is necessary to re-establish the connection.

Your help would be welcome! Thanks.
Eric
To close my last post, I have reinstalled from scratch with OP3 32 bits on a SSD and it's working fine on the desk, no more issue with serial ports and no freeze.