This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need to turn off Bluetooth?
I am at the start of learning how to set up Pypilot. I have Sean's motor controller and sensor board fitted but when I try to set up the software it says that UART0 must be enabled. However, when I go to do that it says that Bluetooth will be disabled - which would be a problem since I am using a Bluetooth keyboard.

Must the keyboard go?

Philip
Well, I changed the keyboard (now working from usb) but still having problems with these UART things and Pypilot. Is there something really basic info giving standard settings for the serial ports? I am not even sure whether this is Signal K I should be setting things up as and I am not trying to do anything complicated - RPi 4 with installed OpenPlotter. Just get the motor controller software working.
Found a 'Troubleshooting' guide (not linked from the wiki) and got things sorted. Not sure how I did it but it is working on my desk.

Philip