This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSD Booting : low power issue
(2023-01-10, 02:57 AM)Techstyle Wrote:
(2023-01-09, 08:24 PM)HeviiSailor Wrote: Once again, thanks for posting the schematic, Jason. 

Now that I've had a chance to go through it in detail, I have lots of questions!  Have you (or do you plan to) described/describe the ciruit and its rationale somewhere?

I go through each circuit in this video:  https://youtu.be/enPFlHpmJVA

there is an older video that focusses on the power circuit, its a bit raw though: https://youtu.be/45IxpEa0ZcM

And once again, "thank-you", Jason!

I'm quite impressed with your power supply system. As a mechanical kinda guy rather than a Sparky I can clearly see its logic. But, perhaps precisely because of my thick nuts'n'bolts brain, I'm having difficulties to see what's happening behind the scenes. The video makes it appear that the relay cuts the power to the RPi almost immediately after the panel switch is thrown. As I'm under the impression that the point of the 3.3V circuit and relay is to allow for a graceful shutdown of the RPi rather than an abrupt pull-of-the-plug, the video suggests (to me, at least) that this may not be the case. Currently (hah!), this circuit looks to be superfluous. At risk of looking an already very generous Gift Horse in the mouth, could I ask you to please expand on this as well? I really like your concept and I'd like to use it. However, like a child with a loaded gun, the results of my attempts could be rather damaging if I go at it half-cocked!

Messages In This Thread
SSD Booting : low power issue - by HeviiSailor - 2023-01-07, 06:43 PM
RE: SSD Booting : low power issue - by Techstyle - 2023-01-09, 05:27 PM
RE: SSD Booting : low power issue - by Techstyle - 2023-01-10, 02:57 AM
RE: SSD Booting : low power issue - by HeviiSailor - 2023-01-10, 01:33 PM
RE: SSD Booting : low power issue - by Techstyle - 2023-01-10, 03:42 PM
RE: SSD Booting : low power issue - by Techstyle - 2023-01-10, 05:17 PM
RE: SSD Booting : low power issue - by Sailoog - 2023-01-10, 07:05 PM
RE: SSD Booting : low power issue - by Techstyle - 2023-03-03, 07:31 PM