This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter V3 Signal K Data Connection
Hello,

I am new here and looking for support in the construction of a Multipexer.

I use:

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5
Setting 3.4.7-stable
I2C 3.3.7-stable
Signal K installed with Signal K installer 3.1.16-stable

I want to send GPS data and other values than NMEA 0183 via W-LAn to an Ipad.

For GPS I created a connection in Signal K / Server / Data Connection and it works as expected.

How can I send the air pressure from the BME280 connected via I2C as NMEA 0183 to the Ipad?
in a dashboard I get all three values from the BME280.

Thanks for your support in advance

michael
Have you installed the NMEA plugin? Head over to the App Store in SignalK. That data by default will be in the SignalK format so will need converting to NMEA. Just note that NMEA0183 doesn’t have a field for everything but I’m sure it does for what you need. Once you have enable it then SignalK will send that data out in that format and you should be able to see it in your application.
You might want to consider WilhelmSK on the ipad to use Signal K data directly.
Best thanks to all   !!

through your help I have solved the requirement, after installing sk-to-nmea0183 and configuring it ( which was a bit hidden and hard to find) I now have the air pressure and temperature on the I-Pad.

It is very helpful to get the right answer so fast - wonderful forum

THANKS

michael
Ciao kami57
che app usi sull'IPAD?
Hi Papamaik,

I use InavX

https://inavx.com/

best regards

michael