This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anemometer & GPS Signal K data disappearing in OpenCPN
Hello all,
my configuration is Openplotter 3 newly installed and updated on Raspberry 3B with OpenCPN 5.6.2,
USB GPS G-Star IV & Sean's anemometer configured on serial to signal K.
Tinypilot running as client of Openplotter, data sent to OpenCPN by Signal K webwebsocket.
Serial K connection on OpenCPN.
Openplotter Network configured as AP, no nft security, no added ethernet port, no sharing internet.

I got quickly data from GPS & anemometer in OPC when starting the Raspi but after some time one or both of these device miss to send data.

It occurs quite surely when launching the browser.
I get back quickly the data by un-plugging then re-plugging USB plug.
Stopping and restarting of OpenCPN don't change the situation.

The major problem is a risk to loose data during operation of tinypilot on GPS mode or Wind mode...

Many thanks if you are able to give me some help.
Does OpenCPN freeze or just lose data?

Is Signal k server also loosing data?
Hello Sailoog, thanks to take time to help me and all my congratulations for this excellent software and its improvement with this new release.
OpenCPN does'nt freeze, only one or both data sets disappear on the OpenCPN dashboards and so for the mode choice in Pypilot window.
On Signal K dashboard, there is no more data too and connection activity is "0" when it's occurs.
I have made a trial with Tinypilot stopped, same effect.
FYI, I have installed Openplotter Pypilot on the Raspi in view to use Pypilot service remotely.
Ok, if Signal k also loses signal, it means you might have some hardware problem.

Are you powering properly the Raspberry?

Have you tried only the GPS connected and only the wind sensor?
wait, have you defined the serial devices in signal k?

Try setting the serial devices in openplotter-pypilot, not in signal k.

When the autopilot mode in openplotter-pypilot is enabled, pypilot starts fighting for the serial connections and kills everything. This behavior has been already reported to pypilot dev.
I don't think to a power issue, I am making trial on my desk with the original Raspberry power supply. I will made trials with only one device connected and come back.
I have defined the serial devices in signal K.
The interaction between Openplotter Pypilot and Tinypilot is still not clear for me, so I intend to try operating without Openplotter Pypilot.
Hello Sailoog; I have restored my system from a previously saved SD card, the problem seems off. Thank you for your help.