This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] o-charts : Dongle or plugin issue ?
I am now testing Version3, and first of all, I have to express thanks to all fellows working or simply helping at it.
Woww, as we say in french  : ça décoiffe !
However I cannot use my set of o-charts map with dongle :
  • the dongle is properly recognized and identified by lsusb : SG Intec Lrd & Co KG SG -Lock[U2]
  • the plugin o-charts 2.0.0.25 was installed after updating plugin catalog, and duly activated ;
  • Any attempt of installing o-chars maps results in a freeze of OpenCP, and de-activation of said plugin ;
  • After closing/restarting opencpn the o-chart plugin is found un-activated ;
  • After reboot and reopening OpenCPN I find the o-charts plugin non activated again ; so I re-activate it; and openCPN freezes !
  • After closing then reopening OpenCPN during a few seconds I get error message : "an existing instance (openCPN) may be too busy to respond" However the task manager shows no such task ;
  • After a while  I can open and then close OpenCPN normally, until it freezes ! : button end of process (twice)
  • any database reconstruction try ends in a freezing of OpenCPN !
  • At each start of OpenCPN the o-chart plugin is found de-activated again, and do on ... 

This prevents me to install and use o-charts maps.
It only concerns the o-charts map.
I have uninstalled and re-installed (hardly) Open CPN : no change
I have no issues regarding other map sets : CM93, Kaps ...

Any help will be welcomed !

PS I used without issues same dongle and chartset in 2.9 ...
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Do not use o-charts 2.0.0.25 plugin yet, use 1.0.29.0. Version 2 is beta and it will work only with the next OpenCPN 5.8, actually it should not be in the master catalog yet, I will report that to OpenCPN developers.

Be sure you are running the last openplotter-opencpn-installer version that fixes a required library to detect the o-charts dongle.

Try again after that.
Helllo Sailoog,

It worked like a charm :
  • removed/reinstalled OpenCPN,
  • Picked plugin 1.0.29
and that's it  !

Again peta Thanks for the work done !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you