This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pypilot on opencpn using w2k-1 actisense nmea wifi gateway
(2023-03-06, 10:57 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: you can ignore the warning about APT on tinycore...  on tinycore the dependencies are fulfilled manually but normally in place already.

Thanks Sean,

We are now in Tonga down to NZ in few days, We have used Pypilot(0.32) since the Marquesas and it is doing very well. More recently we experienced lost of data : from time to time opencpn(5.6.2) was no longer receiving data from  pypilot (who receives data from the actisense W2-1 as a client) and pypilot data (eg rudder angle) was also lost.

Pypilot continues to do its job but only on the compass mode (GWT modes disappear) few minutes later GWT were back (on opencpn ) but also on the pypilot screen. 

I've check on various computers, this is not related to the raspberry running opencpn. I've got the same on my linux PC (opencpn 5.8.2)

This happen several times per hours but not regularly

I should add that pypilot was running for more than one week continously

Any idea ?

thanks for your help

Elea
It could be an issue with opencpn. For example if the wifi network is disrupted the opencpn connection logic could be bad.

If you restart opencpn does the connection come back? What steps do you take to restore it?
(2023-05-25, 07:13 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: It could be an issue with opencpn.  For example if the wifi network is disrupted the opencpn connection logic could be bad.

If you restart opencpn does the connection come back?  What steps do you take to restore it?

Nop, I tried to restart pypilot, and/or restart opencpn - same behavior,  it looks like  random. losing the "G" and opencpn connection on pypilot, pypilot fall back on the "C" to continue to steer the boat, then few minutes later connection comes back, opencpn got the boat data (gps, cog,soc etc... and pypilot  screen is back "CGWT"

Any log I should look at ?