This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
signalk bluetooth app for victron
Gamechanger!!!  Cool Cool
https://www.npmjs.com/package/signalk-victron-ble

Can´t get bluetooth working though, any ideas? 

[Image: rtvGTK0.png]

Hmm, trying to turn off UART but it won't, click / reboot & it´s highlighted again....

[Image: GQZCcpf.png]

And digging away... think I've  disabled it manually but still no bluetooth..

[Image: TCDyzwB.png]
delete the internal ACM0 port to enable Bluetooth.

OR

use an USB Bluetooth Dongle for Bluetooth, the cheapest will work even without drivers.

Good Sailing - HoW
(2023-02-05, 04:44 PM)holgerw Wrote: delete the internal ACM0 port to enable Bluetooth.

More to it than that it seems, systemd disabled, can´t find adaptor, whole can of worms. 
But usb is way forward probably, need the serial for pypilot anyway.
Hi, Paddy, did you manage to get VictronConnect to run on Raspberry? I can,t get it to work. When running from terminal it just says something like "./VictronConnect-x86_64-v5.91.AppImage: 1: Syntax error: ")" unexpected" .

Have restarted after trying both ways to run it, but still no application in menu?

I,m not on the boat right now, but can reach it via vpn, so would be perfect to use Victron Connect directly. Otherwise use my pc/phone when Im on my boat.

/Leif
Hi Paddy.

Just Looked again on your Screenshots. To disable the ACM0 you have to disable Both: serial Port & serial console. The console only accessable If you enable the Port before. Disable Both and then the internal Bluetooth is free to use.
(2023-08-02, 03:30 PM)holgerw Wrote: Hi Paddy.

Just Looked again on your Screenshots. To disable the ACM0 you have to disable Both: serial Port & serial console. The console only accessable If you enable the Port before. Disable Both and then the internal Bluetooth is free to use.

Thnx. Though need to find the advertising keys for the sending units  to do anything so not even got as far as the app yet  Big Grin
"Thnx. Though need to find the advertising keys for the sending units to do anything so not even got as far as the app yet Big Grin"

Yes, Paddy

i also have problems to find the key from my orion-b2b-charger.
The original cmd does not work...
(2023-08-02, 07:49 PM)holgerw Wrote: "Thnx. Though need to find the advertising keys for the sending units  to do anything so not even got as far as the app yet  Big Grin"

Yes, Paddy

i also have problems to find the key from my orion-b2b-charger.
The original cmd does not work...

there are links on the github page, haven't got round to that learning curve just yet though... anyway, I've got lithium now, don't care anymore  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Did you get this working? As of Friday, you can now get the key in the Mac App and the iPhone app which makes that part much easier. I've added that info into the plugin and rebooted SK and OP but it doesn't get any data. My onboard BLE is working and I can make OpenPlotter visible to a phone for example. Should I be able to see Victron Smartshunt/Solar on the BLE manage devices and also connect this??
(2023-09-02, 11:01 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: Did you get this working? As of Friday, you can now get the key in the Mac App and the iPhone app which makes that part much easier. I've added that info into the plugin and rebooted SK and OP but it doesn't get any data. My onboard BLE is working and I can make OpenPlotter visible to a phone for example. Should I be able to see Victron Smartshunt/Solar on the BLE manage devices and also connect this??

Fixed it. You don’t need to add the device in under the OD BLE settings, you just need to make sure you put ‘:’ in the MAC address. Ops!