This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
signalk bluetooth app for victron
(2023-09-03, 08:26 AM)Boatingbaileys Wrote:
(2023-09-02, 11:01 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: Did you get this working? As of Friday, you can now get the key in the Mac App and the iPhone app which makes that part much easier. I've added that info into the plugin and rebooted SK and OP but it doesn't get any data. My onboard BLE is working and I can make OpenPlotter visible to a phone for example. Should I be able to see Victron Smartshunt/Solar on the BLE manage devices and also connect this??

Fixed it. You don’t need to add the device in under the OD BLE settings, you just need to make sure you put ‘:’ in the MAC address. Ops!

Thanks for spreading the info Cool , must get round to trying it one day, wonder if there's an android app or something fo r windows to get the mac address.. ? 
Recording smartshunt data to influx is really useful, having regulator data as well would be like data christmas  Big Grin
Hopefully there is, strangely I only started to test this the week before and then got a bit stuck getting the keys. Noticed a Victron post and two updated apps. It’s good they they actively try and support this.
i tried setting this up yesterday.. still no data coming in i have the mac address and key from the instructions and the app says it is started. i am a little rusty how do i see the logs from this app to figure out where the hick-up is? i tried setting logging on but i still don't see specific info related to the app. do i add a : at the end of the mac address? could the localisation be an issue?
Hi,

No : at the end of the MAC address, it should bu just that address and the key. Just checking you have them the right way round as I made that mistake trying to sort it late at night.

Did you get the key from the app as that’s now possible?

Is Bluetooth connected to anything else?
Hi, my is working prefect now, 2 smart shunt and one Smart solar.
Or soon at least, just one smart shunt in the boat right now, winter work...

/Leif

Attached Files Image(s)

thanks i will check and remove my phone app. i used the victron app on my linux laptop tor get the key and mac address.  i dont see device on my rpi bluetooth.
(2023-10-02, 07:58 PM)ddelorme Wrote: i dont see device on my rpi bluetooth.

That’s correct, it won’t show as a connected device.
(2023-10-02, 08:31 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote:
(2023-10-02, 07:58 PM)ddelorme Wrote: i dont see device on my rpi bluetooth.

That’s correct, it won’t show as a connected device.

i got it working i was copy and pasting and it had a copy, bad copy. it works but seems to hang at times. NOW I WILL TRY THAT in a non ADHD manner. i had a copy and past issue. it was not visible on the terminal. i corrected the issue and got the proper values. it still hangs at times and needs a reset.