This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot expected behavior with activated route
So I did a complete rebuild of my usb stick, more than once I might add, before I got it to work.  In the end, the simplest solution was the best.  I was installing wxWidgets and kept getting libs and include dirs not found.  Not required.  The needed libs are in the list for the linux build in the opencpn manual.  I have updated it below.
Quote: sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake gettext git-core gpsd gpsd-clients libgps-dev wx-common libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev wx3.0-headers libbz2-dev libtinyxml-dev libsndfile1-dev libportaudio2 portaudio19-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libexpat1-dev libcairo2-dev libarchive-dev liblzma-dev libexif-dev libelf-dev libsqlite3-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev
I built pypilot_pi using the instructions on github Read-Build.md for local testing then copied the libpypilot_pi.so file to the .local/lib/opencpn directory.  Strange thing was that once I got it to compile, the problem with the mode selection being blank had disappeared, not sure why, no changes to code.
Stelian, the file size i had originally was 10x larger than the official 40.4 version so probably rubbish.  This version was about twice the size.  I did use the -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release flag for cmake this time, not sure about previously.
John
So if I understand correctly you have been able to compile and run it successfully ?

As I said before, I think the pypilot_pi plugin distributed on cloudsmith is built from an alternate repository, not Sean's one. And the pilot mode drop down selection was fixed in the Sean's repository a while ago, but maybe that fix didn't went into the alternate repository.
Hello Stelian
I used the official github repository, rgleason/pypilot_pi so the only thought I had about the lib file from there is that it may have been compiled before the fix.  The plugin compiled without any problem and the modified lib file was accepted by opencpn.
I am only bench testing at the moment, without gps and instrument data or motor controller.  I haven't been able to get pypilot to enter gps mode, either automatically on route activation or using the drop down list so I am not sure it is all good.  Need to test in the boat to be sure but all looks ok.
(2023-07-20, 07:07 PM)ironman Wrote:
(2023-03-13, 07:19 PM)Erickalon Wrote: Hello Sean, I mean the possibility to choose between Compass mode, GPS mode or Wind mode that was working fine previously. Obviously this possibility has disappeared after upgrading OpenCpn Pypilot plugin to version 0.40. After retrograding to version 0.34 the problem was fixed.

Hey Erickalon, how did you retrograde that plugin? For some reason I cannot compile from git anymore (lands me in some dependency hell) so I was curious how you did that. Thx!
Hi Ironman, sorry for this late reply. I have forgotten how I make the retrograding. I am currently using a version based on the Sean's version 0.36 compiled by Stelian for Py Zero 2 W as discussed in the thread: New Py Zero 2 W is Out!