This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot expected behavior with activated route
Hello Sean, I mean the possibility to choose between Compass mode, GPS mode or Wind mode that was working fine previously. Obviously this possibility has disappeared after upgrading OpenCpn Pypilot plugin to version 0.40. After retrograding to version 0.34 the problem was fixed.
thanks for reporting this... It is for the new changes in pypilot, I will try to fix the plugin to work again with older versions too.
Thank you Sean. By the way, have you a date for the release of the last version of Pypilot for the Tinypilot please?
I put a beta image up:
https://pypilot.org/images/

I dont guarantee it for passages but feedback is welcome.
Hi Sean,

I took a quick look at tinypilot_2023_03_14_beta.img and it looks like it is the same as tinypilot_2021_11_16.img (tinycore 9 based) with only an updated pypilot + RTIMULib. Can you confirm ?

You also seem to have updated emacs (probably for your own usage) and python3.6-inotify (not sure who uses this one though)

Anyway, I will probably release an update for my image as well in a few days, with an up to date pypilot and some other small fixes. So if there are changes from your image I should merge this is the right time to do so.

Stelian.
Stelian,

So sorry I didnt get enough time to extensively test the tinycore 13 and I decided to make one last release on the tinycore 9 system.

After I have a final stable image, I will move to tinycore 13, but some strange issues have been mentioned here and I havent had time to do any long-term testing so. One issue (for example) is about the motor controller not communicating after a few hours... Not sure the exact issue there but it was reported, but maybe only hardware too.

python inotify is used now because you can now edit the pypilot.conf file while pypilot is running to change settings.

I would hold off on an update image until I have a stable image (more testing and feedback) If you want to merge changes it would only make it easier, I would do this. There are changes to the boot scripts (in mydata.tgz) as well.
(2023-03-15, 02:43 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: So sorry I didnt get enough time to extensively test the tinycore 13 and I decided  to make one last release on the tinycore 9 system.

No problem !

(2023-03-15, 02:43 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: After  I have a final stable image, I will move to tinycore 13, but some strange issues have been mentioned here and I havent had time to do any long-term testing so.  One issue (for example) is about the motor controller not communicating after a few hours...  Not sure the exact issue there but it was reported, but maybe only hardware too.

Well, all the reported issues were about missing python modules. This has been corrected since and will be in the image I plan to release shortly. As for the issue about the motor controller, this needs further debugging indeed, but the problem could be anywhere: the image, of course, but also the hardware, or pypilot itself...

(2023-03-15, 02:43 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: python inotify is used now because you can now edit the pypilot.conf file while pypilot is running to change settings.

Right, I see it now, but this in only in your "unstable" branch.

Speaking of which, something is strange in the pypilot git repo embedded in the image: does this correspond to the "unstable" branch ? In this case it has diverged from the "unstable" branch on github.... Or did you merge part of the "unstable" changesets back into master, and fergot to push to the master on github ?

(2023-03-15, 02:43 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I would hold off on an update image until I have a stable image (more testing and feedback)    If you want to merge changes it would only make it easier,  I would do this.    There are changes to the boot scripts (in mydata.tgz) as well.

My image is based on the "stable" "master" pypilot branch. I will look at the boot scripts changes, thanks for the heads-up !

Anyway, without releasing a newer image I don't think we will get more testing because I don't think there are many users updating the git and rebuilding pypilot.tcz inside the image...
Hello Stelian, in respect of all users I will keep English despite it will be easier for me to speak in our common language. I have tried your version of Tinypilot in my attempt to replace the Wifi link between Tinypilot and Openplotter by a wired link, as Tinycore 13 includes the required files, but I got the problem exposed in this thread, no more possibility to choose the compass mode once a route is activated. As I operate with a Raspberry zero (Tinypilot furnished by Sean) I have preferred to keep the Sean's version but I would be interested to try your version if this issue was solved. By the way, I would be interested to get some help for the activation of a wired link in place of Wifi as my knowledge of Linux is really poor.
Hi Erickalon,

After thinking I will do both:
- release a new Tinycore 13 image, containing the latest "master" pypilot.
- in parallel, I will build and distribute pre-builded versions of pypilot.tcz for both branches: "master" and "unstable". I will build those manually from time to time (although this CI could also be automated using qemu in the future...).

Setting up a wired link should be very easy, maybe open a new thread for this.
Thank you for your reply Stelian. I will keep an eye on your production. For the question of the wired link, I will open a new thread as you suggest.