This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot expected behavior with activated route
Normally just use the master branch... I pushed a beta image for people to try out and it is using an unstable that is actually ahead of what is on github, sorry for any confusion. there are a lot of changes and I am not ready to make it the official release but it is close I think.
Hello Sean, well understood. I will wait for your new release. Thank you again.
Eric
(2023-03-17, 10:58 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: ... it is using an unstable that is actually ahead of what is on github, sorry for any confusion

Is there any reason not to push those changes on github ? I thought the 'unstable' branch was exactly for those kind of changes.

There is even a 'beta' branch on github which may be even more appropriate for this:

- master = stable branch
- unstable = everyday changes not really tested
- beta = at one point to either merge unstable into beta (or cherry-pick only some of the 'unstable' changes), users can test this, and if successful, you merge beta into master.
I just didnt push those changes yet. I had some very difficult experiences the last few weeks so I am a bit out of touch.
Ok  Smile !
(2023-03-13, 07:19 PM)Erickalon Wrote: Hello Sean, I mean the possibility to choose between Compass mode, GPS mode or Wind mode that was working fine previously. Obviously this possibility has disappeared after upgrading OpenCpn Pypilot plugin to version 0.40. After retrograding to version 0.34 the problem was fixed.

Hey Erickalon, how did you retrograde that plugin? For some reason I cannot compile from git anymore (lands me in some dependency hell) so I was curious how you did that. Thx!
Hello all
I am having the same trouble with the pypilot_pi plugin, not using tiny pilot though.  I am trying to setup O 5.8.4 pypilot 0.36 using bullseye 32.  Pypilot_pi 0.40.x does not show anything in the selection box for mode, ie compass, gps, etc.
The best I have been able to do is a beta 0.36.3 that looks like it might work downloaded from Cloudsmith, https://cloudsmith.io/~opencpn/repos/ and search from there.
My understanding is that if a route is activated in O, pypilot should switch to gps mode.  On a recent trip using 5.8.2, 0.36 and 0.40.4, it did on the outward sail but I couldn't get it to do it on the return.  I did disable autopilot route_pi between the two.
I have been able to compile from git but did strike a problem trying to load the package in opencpn, missing metadata.  It needs to be uploaded to cloudsmith or similar.  I don't have a suitable account and I couldn't test locally.  I was intending to see if I could alter the code for my own use.  I can't see how I could test it.  John
Hi John0047,

If you were be able to compile, you should have obtained a libpypilot_pi.so file. Just putting this file in the opencpn plugin path (/usr/local/lib/opencpn/ or something like that, just search where the other plugins so files are) should make the pypilot plugin available to opencpn.
Hello Stelian
Tried that, opencpn crashes when pypilot_pi is selected.  Just noticed that there is a large difference in the file size between the official versions and the one I built.  Perhaps the build process was not as it should be however looked ok.  I will have another attempt at the compile.  John
The difference is size is probably because your build has the debugging information included (it is not stripped). This is not the cause of the crash.

The cause of the crash is probably because the compile flags you used are different from the ones used for building opencpn. The easiest way is to look at how the "official" pypilot_pi from Cloudsmith is built (I think this comes from the Rick Gleason's pypilot_pi fork ?), and try to replicate the build process by yourself.