This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS Disconnecting
Hi all

Thought was having a lot of success with openplotter/opencpn/pypilot...having everything functioning down to excellent control of the AP motor.....one small problem I cant crack....the gps will not start up after a power down (resulting in the red sat icon). Have added to GPSG on Pt:2947 in opencpn & SK.  If unplugged and re-connected works ok (assume under the control of GPSG/).

At time of writing I have 11 sats in view and not losing them..

Any suggestions would be grately appreciated....hoping to save my sanity, as going around in circles!

Many thanks
- Who is loosing signal? opencpn? signal k? pypilot? all of them?

- Is GPSD still working when the signal is lost?

If you run openplotter-pypilot app in "autopilot" mode you do not need to set GPSD connections in opencpn nor signal k because pypilot will send data to SK and SK will send data to opencpn auto matically.
(2023-02-20, 07:32 PM)Sailoog Wrote: - Who is loosing signal? opencpn? signal k? pypilot? all of them?

If you run openplotter-pypilot app in "autopilot" mode you do not need to set GPSD connections in opencpn nor signal k because pypilot will send data to SK and SK will send data to opencpn auto matically.

(2023-02-20, 07:51 PM)Luke Wrote:
(2023-02-20, 07:32 PM)Sailoog Wrote: - Who is loosing signal? opencpn? signal k? pypilot? all of them?

I'm not losing a signal (once established by the following), everything works fine....untill I power down the SBC. On reboot I need to unplug the gps module and reinsert it to receive signal.
after booting type this in a terminal and paste here the result:

systemctl status gpsd

Try this instead of unpluging the gps to start gpsd:

systemctl restart gpsd