This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dAISy hat and GPS module
Adrian answered pretty fast.
"you can wire it up to the Serial 2 pads on the dAISy HAT, and then configure the secondary serial port of the dAISy HAT for NMEA input at the baud rate of the GPS module (typically 9600). If you do that, the GPS data will be combined with the AIS data sent to the Pi.
See sections 3.2 and 4.3 in the instruction manual for the dAISy HAT.
https://wegmatt.com/files/dAISy%20HAT%20...Manual.pdf"

So it is looks pretty good. I will test it in the evening.  Smile

UPDATE

It is working Smile Cannot test AIS, but GPS is working. I have to connect with screen to dAISy and setup serial port as Adrian sugested. After that it start working and GPS data are going to SerialK and to OpenCPN. Now I have to work with I2C, 1-Wire and LEDs.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
dAISy hat and GPS module - by vtech - 2023-02-22, 02:10 PM
RE: dAISy hat and GPS module - by abarrow - 2023-02-22, 04:17 PM
RE: dAISy hat and GPS module - by Sailoog - 2023-02-22, 04:51 PM
RE: dAISy hat and GPS module - by vtech - 2023-02-22, 07:34 PM
RE: dAISy hat and GPS module - by Sailoog - 2023-02-22, 07:53 PM
RE: dAISy hat and GPS module - by vtech - 2023-02-22, 08:12 PM
RE: dAISy hat and GPS module - by Sailoog - 2023-02-22, 08:15 PM
RE: dAISy hat and GPS module - by vtech - 2023-02-23, 12:45 PM