This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY Battery Monitor - ESP32 based
Hey Jason,

Ok, got it made together and attached to my SK. Right now im getting some ridicolous data; just wanted to double check i did it right?

So, my Shunts are made like this:

My wiring is per your scheme; INA219 -> 0,5mF capacitor -> Vin+ / Vin- -> 10ohm resistor on both positive lines -> shunt (each one side)
My build is like this;

So basically resistors and capacitors are soldered under the INA219 (on Vin+ and Vin-)

Just to explain my config; Boat voltage is 12V.
- INA219 0x40 - Service battery bank
- INA219 0x41 - Solar charging
- INA219 0x44 - Motor battery bank

AD1115 for;
ADC's (fuel tank level, ... )
Some ADC's with resistors to recognize states (bilge pump, ... )

Additional outputs for 4-channel relay board (smartswitches - blower, bilge pump, bilge ligts, .. )

So for the INA's im currently getting;

My RShunt is = 0,00015
All the formulas are per your code. My ground is common for both RPi, ESP's, ... Shunt voltages measured with multimeter are normal (14,3 currently on charger). Where did i go wrong?

The actual pics on the boat;

The ESP is connected to CMG.

Edit: just disconnected battery charger and measured VIN+ and VIN- to ground and the voltages are normal (13,4-13,5) although i get the same reading with INA (as in the screen above). The B shunt (for solar) is currently not hooked up, but that should not have any meaning right? And i'm reading ESP32 through SK, not through USB.

Messages In This Thread
DIY Battery Monitor - ESP32 based - by Techstyle - 2023-02-22, 07:26 PM
RE: DIY Battery Monitor - ESP32 based - by we9v - 2023-02-28, 05:16 PM
RE: DIY Battery Monitor - ESP32 based - by xsashox - 2023-08-23, 11:00 AM