This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY Battery Monitor - ESP32 based
(2023-09-04, 07:44 PM)xsashox Wrote:
(2023-09-04, 07:14 PM)twillert Wrote: Hello JAson
I am very interested in your Battery mmonitor/charger. Great

I am a  bit customeised with platformIO on Windows   but not on Pi

Would there be drivers and modules like the sensESP  available on PlatformIO with espressif332 board as you know?

I tried using the setup as published but i am lacking knowlede to complete it to a suuccesfull build

Regards
Herman (from NL)

PlatformIO is just a plugin in VSCode. SensESP is a library and Espressif is a board manufacturer. I would suggest you first take a look at some youtube tutorials about using PlatformIO with ESP32 and how to use libraries. 

We have all been there so dont worry. In your case you will use PlatformIO just for ESP’s. Pi has its own OS (OP). Your Pi is just a server for your “sensor nodes” - ESPs. To program ESPs you will use VSCode woth PlatformIO plugin.

I had no prior knowledge of ESP32, PlatformIO, VSCode or SensESP.  I just used the SenseESP documentation and went from there - https://signalk.org/SensESP/pages/getting_started/

it was really straightforward and once setup, and the template is downloaded, you just have to swap the src/main.cpp and platformio.ini to my version to have the same setup as me.

Messages In This Thread
DIY Battery Monitor - ESP32 based - by Techstyle - 2023-02-22, 07:26 PM
RE: DIY Battery Monitor - ESP32 based - by we9v - 2023-02-28, 05:16 PM
RE: DIY Battery Monitor - ESP32 based - by Techstyle - 2023-09-05, 03:16 PM