This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENC display question
I'm a new OpenPlotter user, although I've played with OpenCPN a bit in the past.  I have OpenPlotter 64-bit installed on a RaspberryPi 4B (8Gb) and a 128Gb micro SD card.

I'm not seeing what I would expect when zooming in and out on US ENC's - see the attached screenshots.

After checking on "Force Full Database Rebuild" and then clicking on "Apply"

After clicking "OK"

Any advice on how I can get more consistent ENC chart display at various scales?  Note that the US RNC chart display is "as expected" as I zoom in and out.

Thanks!

Dan
you may have the "chart quilting" setting disabled: https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p...t_quilting
(2023-02-24, 07:09 PM)Sailoog Wrote: you may have the "chart quilting" setting disabled: https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p...t_quilting

No, Chart Quilting is on .....

As an FYI, many of those controls are now on the Chart Panel Options menu, rather than the "regular" Options dialog, as is implied by the OpenCPN Wiki
Try "Prepare all ENC Charts"
I had actually done the "Prepare All ENC Charts" also.

What finally worked was to completely delete EVERY chart and chart directory and re-install the US ENC's from scratch.  I then did "Prepare All ENC Charts" (which took a while :-).

No clue why this was necessary, but the display is now roughly consistent and usable at various zoom levels

Thanks for the suggestions!

Dan