This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN Not Opening
Came across some strange behavior tonight.

Earlier today I was running OpenCPN in OP3, and closed it to do some I2C/CAN hat work. When I went to run OpenCPN again it would not open. Only a quick flash of the "OpenCPN did not close properly, do you want to run in safe mode".

Tried a few things and found out that I could not reopen OpenCPN until I reset the VNC session. Rebooting the PI4 was not enough, had to close the VNC session and then log on again, after that all was fine. The do you want to run in safe mode window did appear, but it ran fine.

Repeatable. If I reboot the Pi using VNC OpenCPN will not open until I sign out of the session and then sign back in.
you could open a terminal and start opencpn from there. Opencpn will write debugging an error messages to the terminal, that should help to narrow the problem down.
This is a known issue of OpenCPN from flatpak: https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/issues/2628

Unfortunately the developer response is "use another remote desktop software" but we can not do that in openplotter, so not sure how to proceed...
Thanks for the info Sailoog.

Not really a huge deal; just close the VNC window and reopen it.