This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Option to disable automatic route following if APB is present.
Was going to reply to https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4460 but think it's worth exploring a change to the behavior..

My home harbor has a long narrow channel that I need to stay in for about 4nm.
I normally use a gps route. Sometimes need to adjust to deal with traffic. With the older version of pypilot  If the route was set with my garmin chart plotter I could just switch to compass and tweak course and switch back to gps when the route is clear. That did not work with opencpn.
With newer software need to kill route or switch off the autopilot. There are other cases were a temporary switch to wind is desirable. Sometimes an extreme change in wind takes time to deal with.

While I can deal with it. I prefer to explicitly set to follow gps route
Is it possible create a preference setting.

John