This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downloading Charts when Headless
I have installed the Healdess version since on my boat I will only be using an iPad to connect to OpenPlotter.  How can I download charts since the wi-fi connection is in use with the iPad?
I overcame that problem by using a wifi hub and having two VNC connections then it is possible to switch between both by changeing the server adress to the raspi Ip adress, its a bit messy but you dont have to do it very often. Makesure that HDMI is still accessible just incase things go pearshaped (and have a monitor handy). You could also use your phones hotspot.
What is creating the wifi network which is connected to the internet? If it's is a can you could try connecting with usb. I do that on an android phone.
Have you tried using a different wifi connection or switching to a 3G connection?
One option is to download the charts onto your iPad before you set sail when you have access to Wi-Fi, or to use a mobile hotspot.