This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor controller - no voltage
Photo 
Hello,
I've connected 12.6V to the Pypilot controller. The LED1 light goes on, and I'm getting about 4.8V at the end stops. However, I'm getting no voltage for GND and VCC hence the Pi Zero doesn't turn on. The fuse doesn't look broken. Does anyone have any ideas? Image attached.

You need to power the Pi yourself; it is not powered through the motor controller.

The fact that there still is a 'VCC' on the connection to the pi might be confusing, and has to do with the way the optical isolation chip works. See the electric schema, second page, lower left: https://pypilot.org/schematics/wp_controller.pdf
Yes, the power is separate for the motor controller and pi in this case.

The motor controller does not supply power to the raspberry pi, but instead is completely optically isolated from it.
Thank you for explaining. Much appreciated.