This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K data to InfluxDB 2.*
I am trying to configure Signal K on a brand new OP3 installation to send some data to InfluxDB2.   

It seems that new way of doing this in OP3 is to edit InfluxDB from Dashboards window and select a desired key (A Signal K path) for a specific path to send into Influx.  However only few paths are available from the drop down box.    I was under impression that any path visible from Signal K 'data browser' would be available from the drop down menu in. 

I also see there is a new Signal K plug-in available for InfluxDB2.   Is there any relationship between these two.  Can I use one but not another to send my N2K , Victron and sensor data to Influx2?  

In OP2,  I used the SignalK to Influx1 plugin which would send *all*data into InfluxDB1 and I was fine with it.  

Thanks in advance.
The "SignalK to InfluxDb 2" plugin will store every path in SignalK by default, no need for any other settings. You just need to provide org, bucket, and token that you can get from the InfluxDb2 dashboard at http://localhost:8086.

So yes, basically that plugin does what the plugin for InfluxDb v1 did in OP2 Smile
(2023-04-07, 04:36 PM)MigGat Wrote: The "SignalK to InfluxDb 2" plugin will store every path in SignalK by default, no need for any other settings. You just need to provide org, bucket, and token that you can get from the InfluxDb2 dashboard at http://localhost:8086.

So yes, basically that plugin does what the plugin for InfluxDb v1 did in OP2 Smile

Many thanks.   That worked.    Plug-in sends all data in now.  Much appreciated.