This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative SeaTalk wiring
Ok, I've got the resistor wired in now and I'm still getting the same issue. I am now getting periods of 'led off' which I've not seen before, the data comes through very slowly, I've seen 8 fields appear after some time, however the values don't really change. I've tried resistor values 4K7, 2x 4K7 in series and then 3x 4K7 in series. I get slightly more data not inverted than I do inverted but its still basically the same as very slow and not complete.
Looks like I will have to get my hands (and some test equipment) on a Seatalk system to sort this out.

Any OpenPlotter users with a similar setup in the Seattle or Portland area where I could stop by?

Seatalk1 Network - Pi <>ST60 Depth<>ST60 AutoPilot <>ST60 Wind <> C80
Seatalk1 Network - Pi <>ST60 AutoPilot<>ST60 Depth <>ST60 Wind
@Boatingbaileys @Duncan

Thank you very much for your help with this. We have a new MacArthur HAT v1.1. Almost everything worked fine in version 1.0 and only the seatalk1 feature needed some additional work. We think seatalk1 should work for everyone in v1.1 out of the box.

This time only a few units have been made for the people who provided some feedback on seatalk1. Would you like to get the new board for free and help us close this issue too?

Also small bugs have been fixed, applied some design suggestions from the testers and changed some connections so that the different wiring modes are more consistent.

We will also send you the new documentation with all the changes.
Responded to your email - More than happy to continue testing this, just let me know what you need and i'll test as soon as it arrives.
Yes, more than happy to continue to test. Very excited about V1.1. Have been using the V1.0 HAT now for a little while and everything other than the seatalk1 link has just worked.

I will respond to your email. Look forward to testing it.
Perfect, thanks!

This is the new and simplified wiring:

Hi All
Apologies that it's taken me a little while to install the new card.
I'm on the boat today and doing the testing. Just to recap, I have the power option.
I've wired the board as per the new documentation and keeping it simple, I just have the SeaTalk 1 (yellow data cable ) connected.
Unfortunately, I now how nothing coming through in Signal K for the SeaTalk network. I've checked the configuration to make sure that the GPIO settings are correct and I've tried it with the invert signal set on and off.

Screen shot of Signal K

screen shot of SeaTalk config

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the report Duncan. Is your wiring like this one?

You need to connect 12V SW too, not only DATA. Make sure you have 12V and GND connected as well.

Is the yellow LED blinking even if you do not have data in Signal K?
sorry my last message was a little confusing. What I meant was that I hadn't connected anything else to the card other then the SeaTalk One network. (re: my comment about the yellow data cable).i.e. I hadn't connected up the CAN bus, etc

As for the wiring, it's exactly the same as the documentation. The 12v is connected directly to the battery, GND is connected to my main neg bus bar. I have a 12v switch wire connected on the Seatalk One interface next to the yellow SeaTalk data cable.

My SeaTalk instruments - Autohelm - Depth - Wind are all running from a separate switch on my panel.

I can't see any yellow LED blinking

I'm also not getting the SeaTalk link error that I previously had on the autohelm