This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] @signalk/vedirect-serial-usb -> failed to start. : wrong ELF class
After reinstall openplotter V3 (replacing V2) I get an error on @signalk/vedirect-serial-usb failed to start.

Any Idea how to fix?

Error message in log:
Quote:May 23 13:41:16 @signalk/vedirect-serial-usb failed to start: /home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
May 23 13:41:16 Error: /home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 at Object.Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1280:18) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1074:32) at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:909:12) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1098:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:108:18) at bindings (/home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:112:48) at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1196:14) at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1250:10) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1074:32) at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:909:12) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1098:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:108:18) at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/index.js:14:22) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1196:14) at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1250:10) { code: 'ERR_DLOPEN_FAILED' }
May 23 13:41:18 Note: NMEA0183 XDR Sentence Parser is using deprecated setProviderStatus/Error https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...rstatusmsg
This was caused be resoring the SK backup from previous OP version.
Thanks to tkurki in slack -> Reinstall SK (it will keep your settings)
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...-my-system

-> remove the $HOME/.signalk/node_modules
-> optional: edit package.json to delete no longer needed/compatible plugins like influxDB 1.x writer
-> reinstall the plugin's using
npm install in $HOME/.signalk
(2023-06-26, 09:53 PM)Sjoerd02 Wrote: This was caused be resoring the SK backup from previous OP version.
Thanks to tkurki in slack -> Reinstall SK (it will keep your settings)
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...-my-system

-> remove the $HOME/.signalk/node_modules
-> optional: edit  package.json to delete no longer needed/compatible plugins like influxDB 1.x writer
-> reinstall the plugin's using
          npm install in $HOME/.signalk

I have also this issue, but to me it says (Failed to start: Delimiter is not a constructor)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks