This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SH-RPi V1 OP 3RPI 4 cant get 1W to work
Hi, I have an Rpi 4with Openplotter 3 installed. Tested and verified that it worked with 1W connection for 2 temp sensors, type DS18B20.
Worked as expected.

Then after installation of SH-Rpi hat V1 from hatlab, I can't get it to work.

I also have some ADS1115 on I2C, and these ones work as expected.

GPIO and 1W is enabled according to startup check. I have tried with removed the old 1W connections, but no new are popping up as before, and the old ones aren't working any more.

Any ideas?

/Leif
you need to selectr an gpio pin for onewire,
this is sepcified at booting pi via an txt-line sitting in /boot/config.txt.

normaly this is pin 4.

check this or post your /boot/config.txt and your gpio pin where your onewire data pin is connected.
we will able to help you out quickliy with this information.
Hi, first part was already in config.txt, overlay for 1W:
    dtoverlay=w1-gpio
And in Openplotter setting the default are pin 4 as it says. I added it anyway to config:
    dtoverlay=w1-gpio,gpiopin=4
But same result. I now remembered that I have forgot the 4,7 kohm pullup, but it was working before without that.
When trying refresh in Openplotter GPIO settings, it also says GPIO disabled?
But startup check is ok?

/Leif    
Is it enabled in raspi-config?

Get your Sensors gnd, data and +3.3 Volt?
Is there an Resistor of 2…5kohm between data and + 3.3 Volt?
It will not work without the pull up resistor.

You should never edit /boot/config.txt manually in openplotter.
If you can‘t get it working, for his sailorHat ask Matti :-)
Thanks for all help. After added  a 4,7 kohm resistor, it worked like a charm the two weeks we where out.

Last thing to fix is the  N2K connection, will check with Mr HatLab ;-).

/Leif