This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth?
I noticed on my install that the bluetooth-diable overlay was selected ... when I commented that out,  I no longer got Maiana data, heading data etc out of the Macarthur Hat ... I still seemed to get NMEA2000 data though.

Is the MacArthur Hat not compatible with the built in bluetooth?
That is not related to the MacArthur HAT.

The Raspberry shares UART0 and Bluetooth interfaces. If you enable UART0 for MAIANA, dAISy, pypilot... the Bluetooth is disabled and the opposite.

I do not recommend editing the config.txt file, let openplotter-serial app do the work when enabling/disabling UART0 or your system could become unstable.
if you really need Bluetooth together with Mainana - use any cheap bluethooth usb chip for mouse, keyboards etc.
Given the the RaspberryPi has 4 UARTS and UART0 is used for the Bluetooth, would it not have made sense to use any of the other 3 for Maiana via the Macarthur HAT?
(2023-06-05, 02:04 AM)rszemeti Wrote: Given the the RaspberryPi has 4 UARTS and UART0 is used for the Bluetooth, would it not have made sense to use any of the other 3 for Maiana via the Macarthur HAT?

Nop. UART0 is being used by most of the HATs because is the only common interface for Raspberry 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4.

The MacArthur HAT uses UART3 for NMEA 0183 1 and UART5 for NMEA 0183 2. UART4 can not be used because one pin is being used by NMEA 2000 and UART1 and UART2 are being used by the system. The only reasonable option was to use UART0 even sacrificing Bluetooth.
Fair enough, I'll buy a bluetooth dongle and just hope it is compatible ...