This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU not detected - GY-91 sensor module (BMP-280 & MPU9250)
(2023-06-22, 08:01 PM)rszemeti Wrote: I have some similar but different issues ... 3 IMU tried, PyPilot can find them, but the heading data produced is useless.

I cannot find any good information.  the boatimu service is running ... I have installed PyPilot ... I cannot find any information if I am supposed to have both of them installed.  When I click the help links, the documentation just says "coming soon"  I cannot find a good explanation of how it is supposed to wok ... I uninstalled PyPilot and the boatimu service is running, so maybe it does not need PyPilot to function for heading data ... I don't know.

From what I can tell, the plane of the magnetic data is not aligned with gravity ... when I make a circle in the boat (around the Z axis,  or in the XY plane) it appears in the calibration screen as a circle in the YZ plane (around the X axis) ...

You have progressed further than me so I can't provide any advice from my own experience to date.  I believe the documentation for Openplotter V3 is still being written which is why you see "coming soon".  I think the PyPilot module in Openplotter has to be installed for the IMU to be configured (calibrated).  Did you calibrate the IMU after it had been detected and installed? 

Messages In This Thread
RE: IMU not detected - GY-91 sensor module (BMP-280 & MPU9250) - by Tom60 - 2023-06-23, 01:54 AM