This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser requirements?
I ended up with really old iPad (guess it is Ipad Mini 1st gen) in my hands and tought of making it as a navigational aid- if it flies overboard it's not too much trouble, it is nice design and small enough. Alas,when I browse to Signal K server page it just shows blank page. Everything is working in my system, but this iPad is the only device just showing blank page.

Is it too old? Signal K frontpage doesn't look all that complicated and it opens every other webpage on internet but signal K stays blank. It only has Safari, no other browser installs no more.
I used to use my old iPad 1 at my helm, but I just used VNC to remote to the Pi.
There must be something that the SK admin web is using that is not available on the old Safari. So yes, most probably it is too old.

Some of the other webapps may work as they are totally independent, but you will have to try with direct urls on the ipad, after you have installed them from another browser.