This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM GPS AND OPENCPN frezee
hello my problem is when you add new serial device (in my case gps ublox 7 or 8) signalk only recognize in case you add "remember port (position on the usb-hub).." you add "remember device number" , the  device NOT WORKING ,signalk not RECOGNIZE connection , this bug (in my case) is for version V3 , because in V2 work very fine.

And in case you add "remember port" whats working . you have problem with opencpn when add plugin dashboard the app  freeze , im think is because problem with connection at signalk.

Thsnk you

my setup is raspberry pi 4  8 gb system 32 bits openplotter  v3 , udev 247.3+rpi1-deb11u2 armf , opencpn 5.6.2
"hello my problem is when you add new serial device (in my case gps ublox 7 or 8) signalk only recognize in case you add "remember port (position on the usb-hub).." you add "remember device number" , the  device NOT WORKING ,signalk not RECOGNIZE connection , this bug (in my case) is for version V3 , because in V2 work very fine."

That problem is well known and is explained in detail here https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4675

If you want to use Remember Device then either create the symlink yourself or regress the version of udev.
(2023-06-21, 09:00 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: "hello my problem is when you add new serial device (in my case gps ublox 7 or 8) signalk only recognize in case you add "remember port (position on the usb-hub).." you add "remember device number" , the  device NOT WORKING ,signalk not RECOGNIZE connection , this bug (in my case) is for version V3 , because in V2 work very fine."

That problem is well known and is explained in detail here https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4675

If you want to use Remember Device then either create the symlink yourself or regress the version of
baltika ... with you solution rebuilding link function in signalk , but when you open   opencpn and  dashboard have problem with conected at serial  and freeze

freezing opencpn when open dashboard (this dasboard you say connected at signalk for get datas)

for this in the titlle im write problem with opencpn . your solution is very know ofcourse
Polonioli

OK so you know how to fix the problem with the USB GPS not being able to send data to signal K if you try to use "Remember Device", that's great. If you follow my advice you can overcome this and you will be able to use "Remember device".

You seem to be saying that there is problem with OpenCPN. I have not seen this problem so I am sorry I cannot help. If it is a problem with OpenCPN then perhaps ask for help on the OpenCPN forum (this one is for OpenPlotter).

Good luck
(2023-06-21, 09:57 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: Polonioli

OK so you know how to fix the problem with the USB GPS not being able to send data to signal K if you try to use "Remember Device", that's great. If you follow my advice you can overcome this and you will be able to use "Remember device".

You seem to be saying that there is problem with OpenCPN. I have not seen this problem so I am sorry I cannot help. If it is a problem with OpenCPN then perhaps ask for help on the OpenCPN forum (this one is for OpenPlotter).

Good luck

im think is openplotter because im clear device serial and opencpn works very fine and in other raspberry with  openplotter v2 workfine opencpn with serial device add thank baltika

im solved the problem add usb serial with GPSD signalk and not SIGNALK , think is at problem with port 3000 have at problem , because gpsd change port for 2947 and work very fine
(2023-06-21, 10:09 PM)Polonioli Wrote:
(2023-06-21, 09:57 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: Polonioli

Good luck

im think is openplotter because im clear device serial and opencpn works very fine and in other raspberry with  openplotter v2 workfine opencpn with serial device add thank baltika

im solved the problem add usb serial with GPSD signalk and not SIGNALK , think is at problem with port 3000 have at problem , because gpsd change port for 2947 and work very fine

No,the problem is not with port 3000, that works perfectly well for Signal K. GPSD didn't "change" the port. GPSD uses 2947, Signal K uses 3000 - that is how the design works, they work very well independently as they can't share the same port.

The fact that you can add the serial device to gpsd is good news for you , well done. But it does not solve the problem. It works for GPS/AIS USB devices but not for others.

I have just tried a 32 bit system like yours and can confirm that downgrading udev and libudev1 from 247.3+rpi1-deb11u2 to 247.3+rpi1 does fix the problem.