This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Op3 imu issue
Have been using openplotter for a few years now. Have been playing with Op3 on a rpi4. After many attempts I have been unsuccessfull in getting my well used MPU9250 and my BME280 into Signal K. Both addresses are identified using i2cdetect and the IMU is detected by the PyPilot app. I’m also able to approve the PyPilot Signal K request. The issue I am encountering is when I try to reconnect the IMU only widow flicks back to disable with the message at the bottom of the page. I’ve tried several times with 32bit and 64bit and the result is the same. Would appreciate any help as to where I’m going wrong.            
I suppose the question I'd ask is why would you want to click on "Reconnect" (apart from the obvious point that it seems to be quite an intuitive option).

After selecting, say "IMU only" in the drop down box where you have "Disable" displayed", a few seconds later you should be able to proceed and start calibration for instance. To my mind "Reconnect" is perhaps a route to identify the IMU to signal K from scratch and is likely to want you to validate the access again. Instead however yours presents the error message which I'd agree looks wrong and would benefit from investigation.

Can you avoid this by, after selecting "IMU only", and (after a short interval with the message "Applying changes" shown at the bottom of the panel) select calibrate? That might enable you to get going perhaps.
"Reconnect" is only to rebuild the connection with the signal k server. It has nothing to do with the IMU and you should only use it when the signal k connection is broken, which only happens in rare cases.

Press just "Refresh" after approving the signal k request connection and that is all.
Thank you both for that help, really appreciate it. So simple with a nudge in the right direction. Maybe something, on this, in “read the docs” would be helpful.
hopefully docs will be updated in few days