This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with outgoing NMEA2000 after SK2 upgrade
I posted this on the SignalK group but got no response. Does anyone have NMEA2000 outgoing working from SignalK V2?

I just upgraded to SignalK 2 on Raspberry Pi, via OpenPlotter. N2K connection via a Innomaker RS485/CAN hat. System was working perfectly before upgrade of SignalK to V2. I'm using canbus. I tried canbusjs, but the system stopped receiving data.
Now, it appears that there is no outbound N2K on the CAN bus. The connection is good on the RPI, I can see it via ifconfig command . But, ifconfig reports RX data but no TX data. Also, when I look at OpenCPN, the data that is being generated by N2K devices is being shown on screen (GPS, Depth, etc.). Also NMEA0183 wind and derived data True Wind is coming in to OpenCPN via SignalK. It's just not going out as NMEA2000.

Checked log on signalk-to-nmea2000 and I can definitely see the server is generating PGNs. They just don't appear to be going out the CAN port. When I tell my B&G Triton2 display to search for sources, it doesn't find the RPI at all.
Any thoughts on what I might do to troubleshoot this?

Andy
I just upgraded to OP3 and I can't get any NMEA2000 out either.
Pi4 8GB, OP3, SK2, 2-Channel Isolated CAN Expansion HAT for Raspberry Pi Dual Chips Solution - MCP2515 CAN controller, Raymarine MFD.

I have all incoming data from my MFD, I've had to filter out a lot that were duplicated with the GPS, but nothing going back to it.

Can anyone make any sense from the following screenshots please??

I think I may have just answered my own question after watching the Boating Baileys latest YouTube vid!!

For some reason, in the Signal K to NMEA 2000 app, where it was asking for the "Source" I was putting the "Path"!!

I'll have to wait til I get back to the boat to see if it shows on me MFD but hopeful.

Glad the video helped - That took me a while to get working but that output above is looking good!