This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0.
(2023-07-30, 04:27 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: No, Openplotter doesn't need an active internet connection unless you want to update it.

With three identical SD cards failing I might wonder about their provenance.

Edit - why would you need a card larger than 32GB?
Edit2 - Heat, or rather temperature, could perhaps be a factor but you could monitor that.

I have tried and tried to reinstall the signalk server on two sdhc cards. updated everything that would update on both.  on the working card, there are problems. It was updated, and when I try to start influxbd, i get a server not found. it's working for instrument m\panel.
just downloaded and made a fresh copy to start again.

cannot understand whats going on.
Alan
Sounds like a nightmare Alan and now your working card is broken for some reason?

How are you trying to start influxdb? You shouldn't have to.
(2023-08-03, 07:01 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: Sounds like a nightmare Alan and now your working card is broken for some reason?

How are you trying to start influxdb? You shouldn't have to.

Getting really intrigued. and frustrated a bit.

The chip in the pi now was created in march I believe. Got it going, then was able to update  everything i could. Had a good cell signal and updates worked fine. the basics were working fine, got the desired data on instrument panel. installed the signalK to influx webapp,  installed influx via  page where one installs it, grafana, etc. When I look at processes, i's not running. click start in the previous window, and in  processes, click autostart. Nothing happens. tried multiple times. never had a problem getting influx going at that level before. not getting any errors either. now I had influx working before all the problems started. couldn't get data out, but it was running.

don't know if i'm doing something wrong, missing something, or even something is intermittently wrong in the Pi,  e.g. at high temps. been really hot in the boat. leave a small fan on the Pi. it's interesting, as I had everything wrt getting weather, other data working until the ho weather started.m

made a fresh chip today to take down in case in need it. right from the openplotter docs install link where i got the openplotter program before.
".....When I look at processes, i's not running. click start in the previous window, and in processes, click autostart....."

I've no idea what pages you're looking at here Alan. If you have installed Influxdb then it should start automatically. Presumably the Dashboard page shows it as being installed.

How are you determining that it is not started?
(2023-08-04, 11:04 AM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: ".....When I look at processes, i's not running. click start in the previous window, and in  processes, click autostart....."

I've no idea what pages you're looking at here Alan. If you have installed Influxdb then it should start automatically. Presumably the Dashboard page shows it as being installed.

How are you determining that it is not started?

not at the boat to give you screenshots. when you look at the dashboard with apps, it shows installed. when you click on the process tab,  its dead. usually, when thinks are working, the influx db shows as green.
Ah OK I see now, thanks. So presumably influxdb is shown as not running during the start up when it runs the checklist.

Next time you're there perhaps try to start it manually from the command line to see if there are error messages.

It sounds to me like the installation is fundamentally broken and you could be chasing around fixing issues forever. Given that in an hour or so you can have a brand new build from scratch I think that's what I'd do. Clean build at home on a tested, validated SD card then do the final configuration on the boat step by step.
Yesterday I published new images for OpenPlotter v3, I would try burning these new images in your SD card: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....-pi-images
(2023-08-04, 08:02 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: Ah OK I see now, thanks. So presumably influxdb is shown as not running during the start up when it runs the checklist.

Next time you're there perhaps try to start it manually from the command line to see if there are error messages.

It sounds to me like the installation is fundamentally broken and you could be chasing around fixing issues forever. Given that in an hour or so you can have a brand new build from scratch I think that's what I'd do. Clean build at home on a tested, validated SD card then do the final configuration on the boat step by step.

I did make a new chip at home just in case. Gave it a try on the 5th, and gave up, and tried to replicate the network access failure. I did.

went back yesterday, and watched the install processes like a hawk. noted errors in installations of apps, eg. graphana. do not show as failures at the end of the installation in most cases. and shows as installed in  the  dashboard. usually click install and do something else.

so you think you have installed the app but its installed with errors. no wonder things were not working.  Is there a way of getting errors to show at the end of
.pdf   openplotter aug 09 2023.pdf (Size: 643.69 KB / Downloads: 92)
.pdf   openplotter aug 09 2023.pdf (Size: 643.69 KB / Downloads: 92) the log?

hardly anyone at the marina and got a good fast signal on the phone. wondering if internet connections are part of the issues.

got things working again now.

more details in attachments.
The unreliable network really has to be a major culprit in what you're seeing that's why, unless I am missing something, it wouldn't be better to do the entire build at home with a reliable Internet connection and then do the final tweaks on the boat when such a connection is not required. I haven't ever and wouldn't ever attempt a build or update while on the boat.

I'm pleased that you have a working system now though, what a struggle.

Those GPG errors for Influxdb and Grafana look very much like the result of the emergency key rotation arising from the breach in January of this year but you've overcome that which is good.

I hope your troubles are coming to an end.