This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0.
Try this to perform a daily reboot. I would turn off OpenCPN autostart

Attached Files
.pdf   cron.pdf (Size: 104.29 KB / Downloads: 84)
(2023-07-17, 07:09 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: Try this to perform a daily reboot. I would turn off OpenCPN autostart

Thank you very much.
Alan
Hi,
did some  more diagnostics on the chip in the Pi. got nowhere, so put in another chip. Did not have the errors, but still no connection to data through the NTG-1. Both chips had openplotter serial 3.3 on them.

next time I'm down will find the original setup and run it. And see what happens.
Not sure if there is an issue with the actisense ntg-1 and serial 3.x. Not sure if it gets too hot inside the boat (about body temperature) and the Pi overheats damaging the chips program/data. it did last year. left it with a fan on it. did not have the signalk issues last year.

The pi has a pican M hat, so I can power it from  the nema2k network. put in a separate drop for it. did not set up the canbus in the pican. is there a chance that there is something there that may cause an issue in openplotter 3.x vs last years 2.2??????

going to see if I can find the signalk routine to monitor Pi cpu temperature  and install it.
Am using Samsung evo 128gb chips. pi4b 2 gb memory.

Thanks
Alan

Attached Files
.docx   Openplotter July 18 2023.docx (Size: 396.08 KB / Downloads: 89)
I can see in your attached file that the signal k server is not running. Nothing will work if the server is not started.

How did you install openplotter v3?
"going to see if I can find the signalk routine to monitor Pi cpu temperature  and install it."

There may be such a thing but if you want a method of recording the Pi's CPU temperature regularly at the OS level (independent of OP or any other application) then let me know.

It looks like you had the actisense correctly set up then deleted it.
(2023-07-20, 09:37 AM)Sailoog Wrote: I can see in your attached file that the signal k server is not running. Nothing will work if the server is not started.

How did you install openplotter v3?

Hi,
Originally downloaded from  the openplotter site, installed following the instructions with the pi imager. Got everything running, then made a couple of backups. Used both backups, worked fine for a while, then something happens. Cannot tell if I have done something wrong, or another reason.   Now both backups plus the original have failed in some manner.
trying to debug why.
have a couple of new memory chips,  may have to start over.

Alan
Hi,
spent a good chunk of time today going over things. fortunately about 10C cooler in the boat.  yesterday, I put my original setup chip back in the Pi. Good thing I had two backups, one is completely screwed up. Got a feeling the Pi got too hot on one of the hot days.
got too hot and had to leave it. could not get it working. when I removed the opencpn connection and replaced it, in case the chip was damaged, I forgot to put in local host. when I added a connection it put in 0.0.0.0 added that today first attempt but no n2k network data.
 that chip was working fine when I put it away a few weeks ago.

next step is to take a laptop with actisense nema reader on it to the boat and check if the network is sending data. I know it was the other day when i checked the maretron dms250 and then the chartplotter.

there were a couple of thunderstorms go through in the last couple of days.  perhaps the N2K network terminal resistor went. It has happened before.
Alan

the attachment contains various steps and results I tried.
.docx   openplotter july 21 2023.docx (Size: 685.08 KB / Downloads: 78)
You have opencpn from backport and opencpn from flatpak installed. Try reinstalling them both to get rid of the shortcut warning.
(2023-07-22, 11:24 AM)Sailoog Wrote: You have opencpn from backport and opencpn from flatpak installed. Try reinstalling them both to get rid of the shortcut warning.

Thank you. will reinstall next time im down.
Alan
Hi,
reinstalled them this morning. No difference.

by the way, the NTG-1 is now dead. verified by taking to another network and nothing. must have been failing at the same time I was having so much "fun" with chip issues. new one on order.