This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0.
(2023-07-17, 07:09 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: Try this to perform a daily reboot. I would turn off OpenCPN autostart

.pdf   opencpn july 30 2023.pdf (Size: 446.17 KB / Downloads: 86)
an update.
details in PDF. New NTG-1 would not work. Put in a new 32 gb micro sdhc card with openplotter 3, march 2023 vintage. set it up, and it works.

with 3 cards doing the same thing, there has to be something wrong. heat? certainly been too hot for me. might there be an issue with the Pi? had open plotter for 3 years and this is the first time.

is there something in openplotter that needs an active internet connection?
certainly, something is corrupting the software on the chips.
openplotter x64?
any thoughts?
thanks
Alan
No, Openplotter doesn't need an active internet connection unless you want to update it.

With three identical SD cards failing I might wonder about their provenance.

Edit - why would you need a card larger than 32GB?
Edit2 - Heat, or rather temperature, could perhaps be a factor but you could monitor that.
I insist, there is no hardware problem, your signal k server is down and nothing will work.

Connect the system to internet and open openplotter settings app, click "Get candidates" and update all apps or apply all task in the "Pending tasks" column:

[Image: settings51.png]

Reinstall the signal k server from openplotter-signalk-installer if necessary until the signal k server is up and running: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....k_app.html
I notice a strange thing. Signalk server 2.1.0 don't save the vassel data.
Everything works properly but notice that all the vassel parameter is null, but vassel name Is still correct.
I try to save the draft, beam and length but isn't recorded.
Someone else have the same problema? Where i have to check ti solve It?
(2023-07-30, 06:18 PM)luchin0 Wrote: I notice a strange thing. Signalk server 2.1.0 don't save the vassel data.
Everything works properly but notice that all the vassel parameter is bull, but vassel name Is still correct.
I try to save the draft, beam and length but isn't recorded

Please open a new thread for that
(2023-07-30, 04:27 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: No, Openplotter doesn't need an active internet connection unless you want to update it.

With three identical SD cards failing I might wonder about their provenance.

Edit - why would you need a card larger than 32GB?
Edit2 - Heat, or rather temperature, could perhaps be a factor but you could monitor that.

they were from Amazon, so that might be an issue. Can try another source.  Used 128 to have lots of room to store weather data.
Going to find the signalk cpu temperature  app when I can get a good internet signal
Alan

(2023-07-30, 05:15 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I insist, there is no hardware problem, your signal k server is down and nothing will work.

Connect the system to internet and open openplotter settings app, click "Get candidates" and update all apps or apply all task in the "Pending tasks" column:

[Image: settings51.png]

Reinstall the signal k server from openplotter-signalk-installer if necessary until the signal k server is up and running: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....k_app.html
I have tried updates  several times on all the chips that have failed. And reinstalling the signalk installer with no luck. Nothing has restarted the server.
That is not what your log says. You have openplotter apps with pending tasks.

In the other hand I mean reinstalling the Signal k server not the openplotter-signak-installer.
........Used 128 to have lots of room to store weather data....

For me a year's worth of hourly readings of temperature average, min and max, precipitation, wind direction and speed, pressure and humidity occupies about 7MB. Just 1GB would give me enough space to record 142 years' worth of data. A year's worth of readings every five minutes would occupy less than 100MB, that's in csv format, saving into a database might well be more costly of course but not exponentially so.

I prefer smaller SD cards as I save my good working systems as .img files so I can restore them at the drop of a hat if something goes wrong.
(2023-07-31, 10:36 AM)Sailoog Wrote: That is not what your log says. You have openplotter apps with pending tasks.

In the other hand I mean reinstalling the Signal k server not the openplotter-signak-installer.

Thanks very much.
will give it a try next time im down. Might have to bring the Pi home to get good internet.

(2023-07-31, 02:33 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: ........Used 128 to have lots of room to store weather data....

For me a year's worth of hourly readings of temperature average, min and max, precipitation, wind direction and speed, pressure and humidity occupies about 7MB. Just 1GB would give me enough space to record 142 years' worth of data. A year's worth of readings every five minutes would occupy less than 100MB, that's in csv format, saving into a database might well be more costly of course but not exponentially so.

I prefer smaller SD cards as I save my good working systems as .img files so I can restore them at the drop of a hat if something goes wrong.

Thanks very much. easy enough to get smaller cards.
My personal preference is to use 32GB cards. I'm pretty sure you could get away with 16GB but I like a good deal of slack particularly if I am storing loads of data to a database. The best performing cards I've tried are Samsung 32GB Pro Plus - very high read and write speed. BUT there are fakes out there being sold.

There are several SD card test apps out there to validate both the performance and capacity of cards so maybe using one of those will at least validate that you have a bona fide card. CrystalDiskMark is probably my go-to but I have also used H2testw. There are several others I have not tried such as FakeFlashTest.

Good luck