This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0.
(2023-07-17, 09:18 AM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: Alan

You definitely have a network connectivity issue, here is what I would try:

1. Forget updating anything while at the boat, do you really need to update signal k for instance? I'd be focussed on getting a stable base before changing anything.
2. The OpenCPN connections page could well reveal something useful so a sight of it will be handy.
3. Remove the two separate lines in Serial for the actisense and make just a single new one with both alias and connection.

A couple of other items:
Do you use the Pi's onboard wifi adapter to connect to the outside world or do you have an additional USB wifi device?
What do you use the sk-to-nmea0183 plug in for?
Do you keep the Pi powered on in the boat all the time?

Thanks very much.
sk-nema0183. originally i had anted to try something, not going to for this year. so I can delete it.
I use the pi's wifi adapter for internet .
will get you a screenshot of the connections next time I'm at the boat.
Yes the pi is powered all the time. it has the picanm hat to get power from the boats nema2k network. Want it on all the time as a logger for the weather data I try to collect.
Alan

Messages In This Thread
RE: updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0. - by amckeown - 2023-07-17, 05:44 PM