This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
system check error
Hi,

I finally managed to get the 64 bit openCPN installed and working via openplotter.  Thanks!   It works but the openplotter system check yields 2s warnings when it checks openCPN  ... something like:  OpenCPN shortcut is broken, click install ...   I did what it asked and still the error persists.
And, the second warning is:  "The default OpenCPN connection is missing and not getting data from Signal k ... it then describes the exact connection that I have established in OpenCPN.  (Protocall:  Signal k, Adress: local host, DataPort: 3000, Automatic discovery: not

As I say. AIS, GPS, and my C100 compass are all working but the error/warning leaves one ... disconcerted!

Any ideas that might fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

David
Uninstall opencpn from backports and keep only opencpn from flatpak or the opposite.
Thanks!   Sorry to be slow ...   I think what you are suggesting is that I have both the flatpack and backports versions of OpenCPN installed and I should uninstall one or the other.  But when I go to the OpenCPN installer app and click the check versions button I find that I have the Debian/Ubuntu version installed and the flatpack says installed:none.   When I return to the OpenCPN installer app I find that I could uninstall the backports version but that is (obviously) not possible for the flatpack version.  

Or maybe you are suggesting that I uninstall the currently installed version then reinstall it to clear the warning messages.   If so, do I need to be connected to a wifi for this to work or is everything stored (again, sorry if this is a dumb question, this is not my field of expertise, and wifi internet is not available where I am anchored)  

Thanks for your help and for a great program!

David
Yes, I thought you had both installed.

If you have the backport version installed but you are still getting the error that is very strange. I would suggest to reinstall the backport version and make sure there is not a conf file from an old flatpak installation: ~/.var/app/org.opencpn.OpenCPN/config/opencpn/opencpn.conf